“Carry one another’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ”. Galatians 6:2
The Caregivers Ministry Team is here to serve our church family in times of need. Areas of ministry include:
- Coordinating and providing meals to families when there is an illness or a death in the family
- Sending cards to people on our prayer list
- Providing Care Notes of encouragement for times of need
- Overseeing the Heart to Heart Ministry, which pairs up church members with other members who are homebound or in a long term care facility to give them personal contact with their church family and serve as a point of communication
- The Caregivers Ministry Team is continuing Crestwood’s Holding Cross Ministry. These small wooden crosses are given to people who are in need of spiritual support. Having something to hold in your hand can be a powerful reminder that you are not alone. The Cross symbolizes God’s gift in Jesus. Just the touch and shape of these wooden crosses provides comfort. Many in our church family have used them in times of need and have given them to friends in need as well. Kory has some in his office if you are interested in seeing or holding one to see what it is. If you are interested in obtaining some of these for your own use or for giving to others, please contact Kory (email@example.com or 266-0459). We can get a good rate on ordering quantities. If you would like to donate to this ministry to keep the supply of crosses available when needed, please make a check payable to Crestwood with “Holding Cross” in the memo line. The cost of one cross is $15.
- Overseeing the Stephen Ministry, which provides one on one confidential weekly contacts by trained Stephen Ministers with people who are going through a difficult time in life. Examples are times of grief, job loss, divorce, caregiver overload, and much more. Stephen Ministers are there to listen and to pray. If you would like to learn more about this ministry and/or recommend a person in need, please contact Kory (firstname.lastname@example.org or 266-0459).
- Developing useful tools such as the Pre-Funeral Planning Guide. This allows a person to document their desires regarding their funeral: what scriptures, music, format, location, etc. they would like. This gives them peace of mind and helps the ministers know their desires. Click here to view or print out a guide, call the church office at 859-266-0459 and ask that a large print one be mailed to you, or call and ask that an elder bring one to you and help you fill it out.